We believe that challenges are better solved together. That’s why you’ll join a diverse, global community of solvers – an unexpected mix of people that come together to build trust in society and solve important problems. With us, you are encouraged to lead with your heart and values, and where your unique skills are developed and put to work in unexpected and exciting ways, superpowered by technology.
Our Tax Services helps businesses and individuals to achieve their tax objectives in today’s global landscape with the experience and foresight to make the best strategic decisions. As one of the largest tax practices in Singapore, we are a trusted advisor to clients and foster a collaborative relationship, powered by the latest technology and data-driven insights to make decisions in tax strategy, planning and compliance.
How will you value add?
A career in our Indirect Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients optimise cash flow and reduce risk by managing challenges related to indirect taxes. You’ll support our clients with all aspects of indirect taxation related to global, regional and domestic projects as well as comprehensive restructuring and reporting value added tax projects.
As a Manager/Senior Manager, your specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for successful delivery of GST engagements such as Assisted Self-Help Kit [ASK] review, Assisted Compliance Assurance Program [ACAP] review and GST return filing by taking professional, practical and commercial approach, and ensuring technical excellence
- Provide GST advisory services (including advice on GST impact to clients’ businesses, cross border indirect tax advisory, GST training) to clients
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Degree in Accountancy, Business or relevant professional qualification with at least 5 years of relevant GST compliance and/or advisory experience.
- Experience in undertaking ASK and ACAP reviews
- Sound technical knowledge in GST through advising on complex GST issues and establishing best practice
- Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Strong coaching skills in developing junior staff and conducting trainings
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful and analytical
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
- Candidates with indirect tax working experience with accounting firms and tax authorities are welcome to apply
- Preferably a member of the Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals (SCTP)
- Possessing an accreditation by SCTP will be an added advantage